Community Impact are strategic investments made by Harvey County United Way to address social issues in our community. The two components of this initiative is Community Impact Investments and Community Impact Projects.
Community Impact Investments are formerly known as "Special Projects." This mini-grant program has funded some exciting and innovative projects over the years. Organizations interested in receiving Community Impact Investment support should contact Harvey County United Way to discuss the project, projected outcomes and financial request. These investments will be contingent on funds raised during the annual campaign and at the discretion of the Harvey County United Way Board of Directors.
Community Impact Projects are initiatives lead by Harvey County United Way. Some notable projects are our literacy initiative including sponsoring Dolly Parton's Imagination Library and KidFEST, as well as our educator initiative, Tools for Schools. We are looking forward to exploring new initiatives and other ways we can make an impact in Harvey County.
Community Impact Investments
- Peace Connections - transportation services for clients to attend Getting Ahead classes
- Prairie View - WiFi extenders to allow staff to work six feet apart while in office
- Kansas Learning Center for Health - play area enhancements to make it more engaging and educational for students
- Hesston Fire/EMS - hydraulic lift system to aid with loading patients into vehicles
- The Meeting House – sound system for teen center located in Sedgwick
- Newton Community Child Care – video entry system (to comply with new school district security standards)
- Community Chaplain Response Team – suicide prevention training for community
- K-State Research and Extension Council – new water line for Giving Garden (produce donated to food bank)
- Mirror Inc – Baseline Training in Burrton
- Trinity Heights Respite Care – motivational speaker for persons with disabilities
- Bethel College – food packaging event for students and staff (packaged food donated to area food banks)
- Harvey County Homeless Shelter – medical expenses for residents (care provided by Health Ministries Clinic)
- Newton Area Senior Center – repairs to donated van (used to transport area residents to the nutrition program held at the senior center)
- Harvey County Sheriff’s Office – Financial Peace classes for City and County employees
- Kansas Learning Center for Health – Big Fit program for youth in Hesston and Halstead
- K-State Research and Extension Council – Family Nutrition Program