IRA Charitable Rollover, Donor Advised Funds and Gifts of Stock

IRA Charitable Rollover

If you are 70 ½ or older, you may be interested in a way to lower the income and taxes from your individual retirement account (IRA) withdrawals. An IRA Charitable rollover is a great way to do just that and support the continued work of Harvey county United Way.

Potential Benefits of an IRA Rollover:

  • Avoid taxes on transfers of up to $100,000 from your IRA to our organization
  • Satisfy your required minimum distribution for the year
  • Reduce your taxable income, even if you do not itemize deductions
  • Make a gift that is not subject to the 50% deduction limits on charitable gifts

How an IRA Charitable Rollover Gift Works:

  • Contact your IRA administrator to make an IRA Charitable Rollover Gift
  • Contact Harvey County United Way at (316) 283-7101 to let us know your gift is coming
  • Your IRA funds will be directly transferred to United Way to help continue our important work in Harvey County
  • NOTE: IRA Charitable rollover gifts do not qualify for a charitable deduction.
Donor Advised Funds

You can pay your pledge to Harvey County United Way through your donor advised fund. This may be the option for you if you are looking to make a significant impact on the work done by the United Way. The process is simple:

  • Contact your donor advised fund administrator to make your gift
  • Contact Harvey County United Way at (316) 283-7101 to let us know your gift is coming
  • NOTE: Please inform your donor advised fund administrator to include your name with the donation to ensure you receive credit for your gift.
Gifts of Stock

The gift of an appreciated asset, often common stock or mutual fund shares, is a valuable way to make a contribution to a charitable organization and receive tax benefits based on the value of the asset(s).

A gift of stock can bring meaningful financial and tax benefits to both you and Harvey County United Way. Please be sure to notify Harvey County United Way of your gift intent when you notify your broker, so that we can ensure the gift will be properly handled. If you need additional assistance in gifting your stock assets, please contact Harvey County United Way.