This mini-grant program has funded some exciting and innovative projects over the years.
The intent of this grant is for one-time only events and projects, or to provide initial star-up funding for an ongoing program. Awards are limited to a maximum of $1,000 and are one-time only per project. Organizations can apply more than once, so long as the funded project is different each time.
Applications are considered throughout the calendar year on a “first-come-first-served basis” until the yearly budgeted amount is expended.
Click here for grant guidelines and forms.
Special Projects Grants
- The Meeting House – sound system for teen center located in Sedgwick
- Newton Community Child Care – video entry system (to comply with new school district security standards)
- Community Chaplain Response Team – suicide prevention training for community
- K-State Research and Extension Council – new water line for Giving Garden (produce donated to food bank)
- Mirror Inc – Baseline Training in Burrton
- Trinity Heights Respite Care – motivational speaker for persons with disabilities
- Bethel College – food packaging event for students and staff (packaged food donated to area food banks)
- Harvey County Homeless Shelter – medical expenses for residents (care provided by Health Ministries Clinic)
- Newton Area Senior Center – repairs to donated van (used to transport area residents to the nutrition program held at the senior center)
- Harvey County Sheriff’s Office – Financial Peace classes for City and County employees
- Kansas Learning Center for Health – Big Fit program for youth in Hesston and Halstead
- K-State Research and Extension Council – Family Nutrition Program